The EmployAbility Clinic is a function of the Center for Persons with Disabilities that focuses on assisting individuals in preparation for and obtaining of meaningful employment. We utilize research-based models and curriculum to offer students an effective preparation for future employment by providing Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS). We also offer individuals support and coaching to assist in obtaining and maintaining self-directed employment opportunities in the community. We assist individuals in receiving these services at low or no cost to the client. All employees at the EmployAbility clinic are trained professionals who have a primary goal of helping students and individuals attain their employment goals.
Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS)
Pre-ETS services are offered to students aged 14-21 years-old and are designed to help them prepare for entrance into the job market. The five Pre-ETS services offered by the EmployAbility clinic include:
- Self-advocacy training helps students learn how to communicate and express their own desires in social/professional settings
- Post-secondary counseling helps students explore future education and career possibilities
- Job exploration counseling helps students determine which jobs/careers are the right fit for them
- Workplace readiness training helps students learn skills expected by employers
- Work-based learning experience helps students gain employment experience.
The Employability clinic is dedicated to finding consumer driven employment to increase greater self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life for individuals with disabilities. We provide in-depth employment skills assessments, teach social skills classes, provide job development activities including but not limited to resume building, interview skills, employer connections and job placement. We provide job coaching, once a client is placed and help build natural supports to establish ongoing supports.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Scott Bell at 435.797.0212 or email at EmployAbility@usu.edu.